Terms and Conditions – Applicable to Thoroughbred Service Contract
- The service fee relates to the provision of service only.
- Registration papers must arrive with the mare or beforehand. Mares
cannot be served without these papers.
- All other costs including working fees incurred at the Stud Farm
or property where the Mare is served shall be the responsibility of
the Breeder/Broodmare Owner.
- The preferred Stud Farm or property will charge the Breeder/Broodmare
Owner directly for any of its fees to the mare herein named.
- The responsibility is on the Breeder/Broodmare Owner to familiarize
themselves with the chosen stud’s charges and terms and conditions that
do not form part of this contract. The stud will invoice these charges
separately to the Breeder/Broodmare Owner.
- The service fee is ‘PAYABLE ON 45 DAY PREGNANCY TEST’.
- 6.1 Burwood Stud reserves the right to withhold the mare return
with the approval of the Australian Stud Book if the service fee
has not been paid.
- 6.2 All Broodmares served, shall be deemed in foal unless:
- The Preferred Stud Farm provides a written status report;
- The Breeder/Broodmare Owner provides a veterinary certificate
- 6.3 Sick and/or deformed foals must be reported within twenty-four
hours of birth accompanied by a veterinary report.
- The Breeder/ Broodmare Owner hereby acknowledges that they understand
and accept the terms and conditions of this breeding contract.
- Any insurance cover of mare and foal is the responsibility of the
Breeder/ Broodmare Owner.
- This contract shall not be delegated or transferred, and in the
event the mare herein named is sold or delegated for sale, the service
fee, if unpaid shall immediately become payable and due by the Breeder/
Broodmare Owner herein named.